Pages

Questions? Comments?

Email me at truehyuga@gmail.com, and I'll see what I can do.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Army Update

Alright, I'm not showing the Pathfinders or Fire Warriors here ( I have 18 of the latter, 6 of the former), but I will be tossing in the suits and vehicles.
So we go.

First off is the Broadside teams; Their little gimmicks are two-fold. The first is that their railguns are of all different sizes (Ranging from a scratch built little shoulder cannon to the Hammerhead variety. The second is that the hands that are on the rail side are painted Bleached Bone, which is my current squad marking color for battlesuits.
Piranhas. I did far less with gold with these because I liked the idea that their small frames and calmer colors made them easy to pass over when looking at the rest of my army. This is of course exactly what I want, as they will be causing havoc from turn 1, and they need every single piece of protection I can afford them.
Hammerhead Gunships. The Tau symbols came out nicely, and the gold really makes them stand out proudly on the field.
Far less threatening looking than the Hammerheads, yet far less expendable. I need these for my troops, as you all know.They are modelled with SMS systems, but the weaponry isn't picked out and is flush to the underside, making it easy to simply count the systems as drones, as I am doing in this army.
My first Fireknife Team for my list; their squad markings are on their weapon systems, as well as the fact that the leg markings are the mirror opposite of the other squad.
The secondary team. The heads and shoulders of the models bear the squad markings.

Alright, that's all I have for now. I don't plan on doing more painting and modelling anytime soon, so I'll be moving back towards tactica for a while. I may get a batrep for you all, but that is still up in the air.

3 comments:

Papa JJ said...

Very strong choice of color scheme for your Tau, I like the way you've used the gold and cream-colored areas to accent your models. Nice work!

Aloh'Nan'El said...

Thank you very much.

Tiffany S said...

Hello mate great blog posst

 
MMORPG Games - MMORPG List - Video Game Music